If you are interested in taking your referee career to the next level, the ORC wants to help you. Below is a brief summary of current upgrade requirements. Contact the ORC office if you have additional questions- good luck!
From Grassroots to Regional
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum 3 year of US Soccer registration as a Grassroots Referee
- Documented game count including at least 50 adult amateur centers and 25 adult amateur lines (AR) on US Soccer affiliated games
- Submit your game count (aka game log) to the ORC for verification and approval
- Submit the $200 upgrade application fee to the ORC
- Pass two assessments as a referee* (one can be at highest youth level, which is U-19)
- Pass one assessment as an assistant referee
- Pass the Regional Referee exam with a score of 80% or higher*
- Successfully complete the Regional Referee fitness test*
- Attend the Regional Referee Clinic training course
- The SRA will determine final approval with the input of the ORC Leadership Team
- Contact the ORC office to complete the process!
* These requirements must be completed within a 12-month period.